Filter Cloth Installation - Gasketed (CGR)
The performance of your filter press relies on the upkeep of your filter cloths and gasketing. It is a necessary evil. And we know, changing your filter cloths can be… frustrating.
Below is a list of tools needed, step-by-step instructions, and a how-to video to help you install a new CGR filter cloth onto a filter plate.
1) Hammer (we highly recommend the air hammer)
- Air hammer – product number: 40000235
- Dead blow hammer – product number: 40000026
2) Wedge (if you’re using the deadblow hammer, this will come in handy) – product number: 40000234W
3) Filter cloths
M.W. Watermark produces filter cloths in-house, learn more here
Filter Cloth Installation Instructions
The instructions below may seem confusing without video, if you have any trouble with the video, let us know.
1) Filter plates should be power washed and clean
2) Roll one side of the filter cloth in half and pull it through the feed eye
3) Align part number with the top of the filter plate
4) Lay filter plate on a flat, sturdy surface
5) Begin tacking filter cloth at corners of filter plate
6) Work into the straight edges
TIP: If you’re using a deadblow hammer rotate the filter plate as you go so you’re always pulling the hammer toward your body, not reaching across the filter plate
TIP: If you’re using an air hammer, run it right along the straight edge to tack in the sides
7) Check for high spots
If you used a deadblow hammer, use a wedge to smooth high spots
8) Flip filter plate over to repeat on the second side
M.W. Watermark stocks all of the tools needed for filter cloth installation; you can find the product numbers above. We can also remove and install filter cloths and gaskets for you.
We check the comments on our blog posts every day, please feel free to ask us questions here or contact us.